The former site of the Yackly Cabin is located at the NE corner of the intersection of State Highway 21 and 2nd Street NW at 301 4th Ave. NW.
In 2010 the City was awarded a State of Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund Grant through the Minnesota Historical Society for the installation of a historical marker that documents the former Yackly Cabin. The historical marker is located at the NE corner of 2nd Street NW and Highway 21.
Built in 1884 by Frederick and Katherine (Kehr) Yackly, this was one of the last log buildings built in the area. The cabin was recreated using logs from the original structure by the Jaycees in 1984 on the original site with funding by Col. Jerry Flicek and Beatrice Foods.
The first dugout/log cabin of New Prague's founder Anton Philipp was located a short distance downstream across the creek.
With the cabin in a state of disrepair (many rotten logs and other damage to the structure) in the spring of 2005, the Park Board researched the possibility of restoring the cabin. It was ultimately decided that the cabin was not repairable and the Scott County Historical Society documented the cabin and salvaged a log from the cabin for its collection. The cabin was dismantled on the morning of
The garden remaining on the site is maintained by the New Prague Girl Scouts.