Southside Park is located just south of 5th Street SW on Central Avenue S. at 604 Central Ave. S.
New Prague Boy Scouts
In late 2012 the City received a donation of just over 6,000 sq. ft. of property from Edgar A. Busch to be added to Southside Park.
In 2010 the City was awarded a State of Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund Grant through the Minnesota Historical Society for the installation of a historical marker that documents the former Sindelar Homestead. The historical marker is located on the north side of the park adjacent to the path leading to 5th Street SW.
The 13 acre park located in the Syndicate Addition of New Prague, was once owned by Wenceslaus Sindelar, a local blacksmith, who purchased the property in 1901.
The land was purchased from Bob and Iris Sullivan (granddaughter of Wenceslaus) in 1994.
In 1998, a local developer, Tom Topka, donated 9 lots adjacent to the park in the northwest corner. That same year, the City purchased 1.5 acres west of Central Ave. South for an entrance to the park.
Development in 2000 continued with a construction of a picnic shelter and tree plantings. A play complex, T-Ball field and disk golf course were installed prior to the Park's dedication in 2002. Also in the park is a paved parking lot, a basketball hoop, portable restroom, grill and a trail. The Park is currently about 13.1 acres in size.
Please click here or click the link below for a map of the Disc Golf Course (a.k.a. Frisbee Golf) For a review of the course with pictures please visit the website playdg.com.