Foundry Hill Park
NEWS!!! The monarch butterfly garden was planted in June 2016 and is available on the walking path between the baseball field and the woods. Stop by and take a look! This monarch butterfly garden was made possible with funding from the Southern Minnesota Municipal Power Agency (SMMPA).
As of late August 2014, the striping for the dual use of the basketball court for Pickleball is ready for use!
The basketball hoop is now ready for use as of September 12, 2014.
Since October 2010, a project by Eagle Scout Alex Woyda has provided a nature trail in the Foundry Hill Park woods area. The trail is lined with wood mulch and two benches were also installed at each end of the trail. Feel free to explore the woods!
Located at the corner of 6th Avenue NW and 3rd Street NW at 400 6th Ave. NW, Foundry Hill was the site of F.J. Melounek's foundry, begun in 1889. In 1892 the foundry became the Deutsch-Melounek foundry which contributed to the economic development of the New Prague area in the early 1900's.
New Prague Youth Baseball Association
In 1980 as part of a HUD Community Block grant, 4 acres were purchased for this park.
A regulation Little League field was installed in 2000.
As part of the Shardan residential development in 2000, a 3.6 acre lineal path was added to the park on the southwest corner.
A new play structure was built in 2002 in addition to landscaping enhancements and a paved parking area.
Foundry Hill Park is about 10.65 acres in size today, has a picnic shelter with restrooms, basketball court, pickleball court, playground area with swings, slides, and climbing aparatus, a regulation little league field, benches, parking lot, 5 acre wooded natural area on the west end and also contains the West Foundry Hill Park Greenway Trail which leads from the Raven Stream Village Development near the wooded area of the park and the west water tower over to the main portion of the park and 6th Street NW.